Are you sure you want to remove this engraving option?
Montblanc Limited Edition Patron of Arts Homage to Ludwig II 4810 Fountain Pen
Call 01509 266320 to reserve
There are many engagements between art and culture where the individual and creative spirit of people comes alive. Literature, theatre, music performing and visual arts - these highest expressions of human existence inspire Montblanc. The promoting spirit is expressed mostly in the Montblanc Arts Patronage Award given to art patrons whose personal commitment and achievements deserve wider recognition. This prestigious award has been given out each year for 26 years in up to 17 countries. The de la Culture Arts Patronage Award continues to write an annual connecting story of history of and extraordinary commitment to art and culture.
This year Montblanc have designed two fountain pen's to honour King Ludwig II of Bavaria from 1864 until his death in 1886. He was a Monarch, Fairy-Tale King and patron of the arts, a lover of both music and art. The swan became Ludwig's royal emblem, as he was know also as the Swan King. He exercised his passion of art in architectural design building elaborate castles; this he built three masterpieces; Linderhof, Herrenchiemsee and Neuschwanstein which was the fanciful vision of a medieval fortress. The swan became symbolically elevated by the Lohengrin Saga and is a design throughout Ludwig's castles.
Ludwig II said 'It is essential to create paradises, poetic refuges, where one can forget the dreadful times in which we live.'
His swan design is what inspired this Limited edition fountain pen; it has been crafted with a blue translucent lacquer barrel which was inspired by Ludwig's blue robe. The pen has a pearlescent white lacquer cap with a swan feather guilloché pattern underneath. On the side of the cap there is a champagne toned gold-plated clip embracing the shape of a graceful swan's neck and head draped down the side. In reference to the code assigned to the opera 'Lohengrin' in the catalogue of Wagner's work, 'WWV75' has been engraved on the champagne toned gold-plated band around the bottom of the cap along with the Montblanc brand name for subtle branding purposes. Next the brand name and 'WWV75' separating the two is a tiny red ruby stone. Ludwig has a deep interest in Richard Wagner's work. The cap is finished with a detail inspired by the royal seal is a champagne toned gold-plated crown which glorifies the cap top. Embedded into the top of the crown is the Montblanc black and white enamel emblem marking the peak of the Montblanc Mountain. There is a fine engraving on the champagne toned gold-plated cone which is another reference to the royal seal. The cap screws off to reveal the fountain pen nib which recalls the iconic fairy-tale castle with a fine engraving of Neuschwanstein on the handcrafted Au 750 solid gold nib and the shape of the cone inspired by the turrets.
On the day of purchase this stunning fountain pen will come packaged pristinely inside a beautiful blue lacquer wooden presentation box featuring a gold plaque on the opening with the limited edition number and Ludwig II engraved into it. This box is then decorated on the front with silver swan feathers, Ludwig's crest and the Montblanc brand name. The fountain pen comes accompanied with a booklet with information on Ludwig II and a two year warranty certificate.
- Writing System: Piston Fountain Pen.
- Nib: Au 750 solid gold nib with special engraving.
- Nib Widths: M - Other nib sizes are available to order upon request.
- Barrel: Blue translucent lacquer.
- Cap: White translucent lacquer with guilloché underneath.
- Trim: Champagne tone gold-plated.
- Clip: Champagne tone gold-plated in the shape of a swan.
- Limited to only: 4810.
- Packaging: Special blue lacquer coated wooden Ludwig II Montblanc presentation box.
- Guarantee: International 2 year manufactures warranty/guarantee booklet filled out on the day of purchase.
- Refills: Mystery Black, Royal Blue, Midnight Blue, Burgundy Red, Lavender Purple, Oyster Grey, Toffee Brown, Irish Green, Corn Poppy Red.
Personalisation Options in Basket:
- Additional presentation box plaque with engraving available.
- Gift wrap & hand written tag.
- Stock Number: SN120
- Width: 1.5 cm
- Weight: 0.0000
- Range: Patron of Art
- Material: Lacquer
- Product Types: Fountain Pen
- Free delivery on all UK orders to be delivered to the UK.
- Orders over £100 will be delivered free with next working day delivery to a UK address, if placed before 3pm on a working day.
- Orders under £100 can be delivered next working day to a UK address with an additional cost of £6.
- Saturday delivery to a UK address costs £10 (£20 for champagne).
- Delivery to a country within the EU from £25.
- Delivery to the rest of the World from £30.
Why not have this gift personalised and make your chosen gift unique and rememberable for someone special. All our engraving is done in-house so we can offer you a very fast turnaround of order. We will engrave your request within 24 hours of receiving your order (excluding weekends and bank holidays). If it is a very urgent engraving request then please email or phone and we will then try to turn your order around to meet your deadline. The personal touch can make all the difference with a small message which could say anything you like. Personalised engraving is especially presentable for occasions such as Birthdays, Christenings, Retirements, Corporate Gifts & Awards, and many more celebrations.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR FONT CAREFULLY BEFORE HAVING YOUR SELECTED GIFT ENGRAVED.
There are a small selection of fonts which will contain different character designs, and you may not like or approve of some of them. For example, in one of the fonts - 'Victoria' - the letter 'V' looks similar to the letter 'D' because of the italic serif design. Once an item has been engraved we cannot refund or exchange it, because we will not be able to resell an engraved item.