Are you sure you want to remove this engraving option?
Montblanc Limited Edition Patron of Arts Homage to Ludwig II 888 Fountain Pen
There are many engagements between art and culture where the individual and creative spirit of people comes alive. Literature, theatre, music performing and visual arts - these highest expressions of human existence inspire Montblanc. The promoting spirit is expressed mostly in the Montblanc Arts Patronage Award given to art patrons whose personal commitment and achievements deserve wider recognition. . This prestigious award has been given out each year for 26 years in up to 17 countries. The de la Culture Arts Patronage Award continues to write an annual connecting story of history of and extraordinary commitment to art and culture.
This year Montblanc have designed two fountain pen's to honour King Ludwig II of Bavaria from 1864 until his death in 1886. He was a Monarch, Fairy-Tale King and patron of the arts, a lover of both music and art. The swan became Ludwig's royal emblem, as he was known also as the Swan King. He exercised his passion of art in architectural design building elaborate castles; this he built three masterpieces; Linderhof, Herrenchiemsee and Neuschwanstein which was the fanciful vision of a medieval fortress. The swan became symbolically elevated throughout Ludwig's castles.
Ludwig II said 'It is essential to create paradises, poetic refuges, where one can forget the dreadful times in which we live.'
His swan design is what inspired this Limited edition fountain pen. The pen has been crafted from white lacquer surrounded with a artistically crafted Au 750 gold skeleton which recalls the paintings adorning the walls of the throne room at Neuschwanstein. With a cap to match, the clip on the side forms the shape of a graceful swan's neck and head draped down the side which has been platinum-plated. In reference to the code assigned to the opera 'Lohengrin' in the catalogue of Wagner's work, around the bottom of the cap 'WWV75' has been engraved on the platinum-plated band adorned with a single red ruby and the Montblanc brand name subtly branding the pen. Commemorating the world famous fairy-tale castle Neuschwanstein, the fountain pen bears a fine engraving of the castle on the handcrafted Au 750 solid gold nib which is situated under the cap once screwed off; the cone surrounding the nib has been inspired by one of the fairy-tale castles towers which has fine engraving also which references ta detail of the Monarch's royal seals does the beautiful platinum-plated crown which sits on top of the cap; this has been embedded with the Montblanc black and white enamel emblem marking the peak of the Montblanc Mountain.
On the day of purchase this beautiful fountain pen will come packaged pristinely inside a stunning blue lacquer wooden square presentation box featuring a silver plaque on the opening with the limited edition number and Ludwig II engraved into it. There is a second plaque on the top also with the limited edition number and Ludwig II. This box is then decorated on the top with the skeleton design in white taken from the paintings hung up in Neuschwanstein. The fountain pen comes accompanied with a booklet with information on Ludwig II and a two year warranty certificate.
- Writing System: Piston Fountain Pen.
- Nib: Au 750 solid gold nib with special engraving.
- Nib Widths: M - Other nib sizes are available to order upon request.
- Barrel: White lacquer with solid Au gold skeleton overlay.
- Cap: White lacquer with solid Au gold skeleton overlay.
- Trim: Platinum-plated.
- Clip: Platinum-plated in the shape of a swan.
- Limited to only: 888.
- Packaging: Special Ludwig II Montblanc presentation box.
- Guarantee: International 2 year manufactures warranty/guarantee booklet filled out on the day of purchase.
- Refills: Mystery Black, Royal Blue, Midnight Blue, Burgundy Red, Lavender Purple, Oyster Grey, Toffee Brown, Irish Green, Corn Poppy Red.
Personalisation Options in Basket:
- Additional presentation box plaque with engraving available.
- Gift wrap & hand written tag.
- Stock Number: SN123
- Width: 1.5 cm
- Weight: 0.0000
- Range: Patron of Art
- Material: Gold
- Product Types: Fountain Pen
- Free delivery on all UK orders to be delivered to the UK.
- Orders over £100 will be delivered free with next working day delivery to a UK address, if placed before 3pm on a working day.
- Orders under £100 can be delivered next working day to a UK address with an additional cost of £6.
- Saturday delivery to a UK address costs £10 (£20 for champagne).
- Delivery to a country within the EU from £25.
- Delivery to the rest of the World from £30.
Why not have this gift personalised and make your chosen gift unique and rememberable for someone special. All our engraving is done in-house so we can offer you a very fast turnaround of order. We will engrave your request within 24 hours of receiving your order (excluding weekends and bank holidays). If it is a very urgent engraving request then please email or phone and we will then try to turn your order around to meet your deadline. The personal touch can make all the difference with a small message which could say anything you like. Personalised engraving is especially presentable for occasions such as Birthdays, Christenings, Retirements, Corporate Gifts & Awards, and many more celebrations.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR FONT CAREFULLY BEFORE HAVING YOUR SELECTED GIFT ENGRAVED.
There are a small selection of fonts which will contain different character designs, and you may not like or approve of some of them. For example, in one of the fonts - 'Victoria' - the letter 'V' looks similar to the letter 'D' because of the italic serif design. Once an item has been engraved we cannot refund or exchange it, because we will not be able to resell an engraved item.