Are you sure you want to remove this engraving option?
Montblanc Meisterstück Le Petit Prince Fountain Pen LeGrand
Every year since 1992 Montblanc have released limited edition pens as part of their ‘Writers Editions’ collection; the limited edition pens help to bring the life stories that great people have told during their lifetime and pay tribute to the greatest icons of literary history. This pen celebrates the story Le Petit Prince by French author and illustrator Antoine Saint-Exupéry.
Antoine was a pilot who disappeared while flying a reconnaissance mission over occupied France during World War II. His adventures of being a pilot drove him to writing and in 1943 he published his first novel 'The Little Prince' or Le Petit Prince. His words and drawings have touched hearts and minds around the world across all generations. The collection is part of the well known and popular Meisterstück collection loved by many Montblanc fans. There are a series of writing instruments as well as jewellery and stationary refills.
This fountain pen is the LeGrand size designed by Montblanc as part of the Le Petit Prince collection. The fountain pen barrel and cap are both made from deep blue precious resin representing the universe surrounding the little prince. The cap however has a fox face pattern engraved into the surface of the resin which evokes a character from the story that instructs the young prince about the bonds of human relationships. The cap is removable simply unscrews; but it is there to place over the nib of the fountain pen to prevent it from drying out. The fountain nib has been crafted from Au585 14k rhodium-plated metal garnished with the delicate character of Le Petit Prince along with his friend the fox. There is a platinum-plated clip on the side of the cap which is adorned with a small golden star motif which is a reminder of laughter in the stars. The star symbol for the collection represents a passage from the story where before travelling back to his asteroid the little prince tell the pilot he will able to hear his laugh any time simply by looking at the stars and remembering. There are three of the iconic platinum-plated bands around the bottom of the cap engraved into with the Montblanc brand name for branding recognition. There is a sentence around the crown of the pen from the original novel which has been laser engraved into the crown which says "Tu seras pour moi unique au monde" which translates as "To establish ties, to me, you will be unique in all the world. The Montblanc emblem is featured just above this sentence at the top of the cap marking the peak of the Montblanc Mountain.
The Meisterstück Le Petit Prince collection brings together the heritage of a timeless gifting favourite and the cultural influence of a literary great. Filled with meaning and symbolism; this new edition reaffirms Montblanc's belief that writing is a gift, one that is passed on through the generations with a positive message, just like the ideas, dreams and thoughts that Le Petit Prince shares with the world around him.
On the day of purchase the Le Petit Prince LeGrand fountain pen will come presented in its very own bespoke presentation box. Accompanied with the pen is also a service guide and a two year warranty booklet filled out on the day of purchase.
- Writing System - Fountain pen with removable cap (piston converter).
- Barrel - Blue precious resin.
- Cap - Blue precious resin inlaid with Montblanc emblem.
- Clip - Platinum-plated clip.
- Nib - Handcrafted Au585 / 14 K rhodium-plated nib garnished with the Petit Prince and the fox.
- Nib size - Medium (if you require a fine nib then you can request that from us).
- Packaging - Presented in its own bespoke Montblanc presentation box.
- Guarantee - International 2 year manufactures warranty/guarantee booklet completed on the day of purchase.
- Refills - Montblanc ink: Mystery Black, Royal Blue, Midnight Blue, Burgundy Red, Lavender Purple, Oyster Grey, Toffee Brown, Irish Green, Corn Poppy Red.
Personalisation Options in Basket:
- The clip can be engraved.
- Plaque engraving available for the presentation box.
- Gift wrap & hand written tag.
- Stock Number: SN89
- Weight: 0.0000
- Product Types: Fountain Pen
- Material: Precious Resin
- Range: Meisterstück Le Petit Prince
- Free delivery on all UK orders to be delivered to the UK.
- Orders over £100 will be delivered free with next working day delivery to a UK address, if placed before 3pm on a working day.
- Orders under £100 can be delivered next working day to a UK address with an additional cost of £6.
- Saturday delivery to a UK address costs £10 (£20 for champagne).
- Delivery to a country within the EU from £25.
- Delivery to the rest of the World from £30.
*Please note, around Black Friday and Christmas your delivery may be delayed due to the high volume of orders
Why not have this gift personalised and make your chosen gift unique and rememberable for someone special. All our engraving is done in-house so we can offer you a very fast turnaround of order. We will engrave your request within 24 hours of receiving your order (excluding weekends and bank holidays). If it is a very urgent engraving request then please email or phone and we will then try to turn your order around to meet your deadline. The personal touch can make all the difference with a small message which could say anything you like. Personalised engraving is especially presentable for occasions such as Birthdays, Christenings, Retirements, Corporate Gifts & Awards, and many more celebrations.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR FONT CAREFULLY BEFORE HAVING YOUR SELECTED GIFT ENGRAVED.
There are a small selection of fonts which will contain different character designs, and you may not like or approve of some of them. For example, in one of the fonts - 'Victoria' - the letter 'V' looks similar to the letter 'D' because of the italic serif design. Once an item has been engraved we cannot refund or exchange it, because we will not be able to resell an engraved item.