Are you sure you want to remove this engraving option?
Montblanc Patron of Art 4810 Homage to S. Borghese Fountain pen
Each year, the Montblanc de la Culture Arts Patronage Award is conferred on outstanding art patrons whose personal commitment and achievements deserve wider recognition. For this year’s pens they have decided to create two writing instruments to honour Scipione Borghese; who was an Italian Cardinal, art collector and patron of the arts. He lived in Artena and was born on the 1st September 1577 and lived until 2nd October 1633; he was a member of the Borghese family and patron of the painter Caravaggio and the artist Bernini.
The collection of art is currently held at the Vila Borghese in Italy's capital of Rome which serves as a monument to Roman interior design. This villa was built from the sketches of Scipione Borghese himself and was developed by the architect Flaminio Ponzio. The villa itself is home to some of the world most beautiful sculptures such as David, Apollo and Daphne by Bernini.
The Montblanc fountain pen made in honour of Borghese has a beautiful monochrome solid granite barrel which contrasts with the ruthenium fittings; which include the cone, cap and nib. The clip on the side of the pen cap has been designed in bespoke way to represent the famous tree of the Palazzo which has a smokey quartz gemstone set into the end relating back to the modern and contemporary collectors association with bronze. The top of the pen cap also relates to Scipione’s Cardinal hat, it has a similar curved shape. There are 3D carved patterns around the middle of the pen and the cone at the end which are the same patterns on the famous Borghese vase. The Borghese coin is featured on the end of the cone in a cardinal red colour which happens to be the same colour as Scipione's hat in his self portrait. The top of the pen cap also relates to Scipione’s Cardinal hat, it has a similar curved shape like the top point of his hat. The medium sized fountain nib is made from Au 750 solid gold for strength and coated in ruthenium to tie in with the monochrome colours of the pen; it has a special engraving faintly carved into it.
On the day of purchase the pen will come packaged inside a special bespoke Montblanc presentation box accompanied with a 2-year warranty booklet filled out on the day of purchase.
- Writing System - Fountain pen with removable cap.
- Barrel - Solid granite barrel.
- Cap - Ruthenium.
- Clip - Ruthenium set with a smokey quartz.
- Nib - Au 750 solid gold nib, ruthenium coated, with special engraving.
- Packaging - Presented in its own bespoke Scipione Borghese Montblanc presentation box.
- Guarantee - International 2 year manufactures warranty/guarantee booklet completed on the day of purchase.
- Gender - Men's Collection.
- Refills - Montblanc ink: Mystery Black, Royal Blue, Midnight Blue, Burgundy Red, Lavender Purple, Oyster Grey, Toffee Brown, Irish Green, Corn Poppy Red, Permanent Blue and Permanent Black.
- Launch date - April 2017.
- Limited to only - 4,810.
- Additional presentation box plaque with engraving available.
- Gift wrap & hand written tag.
- Stock Number: SN102
- Weight: 0.0000
- Range: Patron of Art
- Material: Silver
- Product Types: Fountain Pen
- Free delivery on all UK orders to be delivered to the UK.
- Orders over £100 will be delivered free with next working day delivery to a UK address, if placed before 3pm on a working day.
- Orders under £100 can be delivered next working day to a UK address with an additional cost of £6.
- Saturday delivery to a UK address costs £10 (£20 for champagne).
- Delivery to a country within the EU from £25.
- Delivery to the rest of the World from £30.
Why not have this gift personalised and make your chosen gift unique and rememberable for someone special. All our engraving is done in-house so we can offer you a very fast turnaround of order. We will engrave your request within 24 hours of receiving your order (excluding weekends and bank holidays). If it is a very urgent engraving request then please email or phone and we will then try to turn your order around to meet your deadline. The personal touch can make all the difference with a small message which could say anything you like. Personalised engraving is especially presentable for occasions such as Birthdays, Christenings, Retirements, Corporate Gifts & Awards, and many more celebrations.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR FONT CAREFULLY BEFORE HAVING YOUR SELECTED GIFT ENGRAVED.
There are a small selection of fonts which will contain different character designs, and you may not like or approve of some of them. For example, in one of the fonts - 'Victoria' - the letter 'V' looks similar to the letter 'D' because of the italic serif design. Once an item has been engraved we cannot refund or exchange it, because we will not be able to resell an engraved item.