Are you sure you want to remove this engraving option?
Montblanc Writers Limited Edition Charles Dickens Fountain Pen
The Victorian era which was an outstanding period in English history and culture and its special elegance has been recaptured in this marvellous fountain pen by Montblanc. Designed as part of their Writers Edition range; this limited edition pen has been made in memory of the beloved and well known writer Charles Dickens. The barrel that has been made of the finest green precious resin is also decorated by the writer’s signature engraved into the resin towards the nib of the pen. To protect the fountain nib the pen has a fluted sterling silver cap which screws on and off and can be placed on the end of the pen when in use. The cap has been decorated with a slender curved clip ideal for slipping the pen into your shirt pocket and securing into place. Just under the clip is the hallmark symbol proving the cap material of Au 925 sterling silver. Towards the top of the pen cap is the Montblanc black and white enamel star emblem which represents the peak of the Montblanc Mountain. The cone of the pen is made from black precious resin which contrasts well with the green and doesn’t distract from the overall appearance. The fountain nib made from rhodium-plated 18-karat gold features the monogram of Charles Dickens engraved into the surface; adding a unique design to this tribute.
Charles Dickens is still one of the best-known and most famous authors from the Victorian era and in English literature. His unique skill for creating true pictures from words and his accurate feel of the Victorian England mood and being able to narrate this in his books have alternately made his readers laugh and be moved to tears simultaneously. This tribute to the famous writer although no longer with us; his novels live on.
This limited writer’s edition fountain pen comes in a bespoke presentation box shaped like a book featuring the writers signature on the front embossed in gold. On the day of purchase the pen will come equipped inside this limited edition presentation box accompanied with a 2-year international warranty booklet filled out on the day of purchase.
- Writing System - Fountain piston converter.
- Nib - Hand-crafted Au750 / 18K gold nib rhodium-coated.
- Nib Widths - M - Other nib sizes including F are available upon request.
- Barrel - Green precious resin.
- Cap - 925 sterling silver.
- Trim - 925 sterling silver.
- Clip - 925 sterling silver.
- Special Characteristics - Charles Dickens signature on the barrel.
- Packaging - Presented in its own bespoke folding book presentation box.
- Guarantee - Comes with a 2-year international guarantee booklet filled out on the day of purchase.
- Gender - Men's & Women's Collections.
- Refills - Montblanc ink: Mystery Black, Royal Blue, Midnight Blue, Burgundy Red, Lavender Purple, Oyster Grey, Toffee Brown, Irish Green, Corn Poppy Red, Permanent Blue and Permanent Black.
- Limited to only - 18000.
- Launch date - 2001.
Personalisation Options in Basket:
- Additional presentation box plaque with engraving available.
- Gift wrap & hand written tag.
- Stock Number: SN99
- Width: 1.3 cm
- Weight: 0.0000
- Range: Writers Edition
- Material: Precious Resin
- Product Types: Fountain Pen
- Free delivery on all UK orders to be delivered to the UK.
- Orders over £100 will be delivered free with next working day delivery to a UK address, if placed before 3pm on a working day.
- Orders under £100 can be delivered next working day to a UK address with an additional cost of £6.
- Saturday delivery to a UK address costs £10 (£20 for champagne).
- Delivery to a country within the EU from £25.
- Delivery to the rest of the World from £30.
*Please note, around Black Friday and Christmas your delivery may be delayed due to the high volume of orders
Why not have this gift personalised and make your chosen gift unique and rememberable for someone special. All our engraving is done in-house so we can offer you a very fast turnaround of order. We will engrave your request within 24 hours of receiving your order (excluding weekends and bank holidays). If it is a very urgent engraving request then please email or phone and we will then try to turn your order around to meet your deadline. The personal touch can make all the difference with a small message which could say anything you like. Personalised engraving is especially presentable for occasions such as Birthdays, Christenings, Retirements, Corporate Gifts & Awards, and many more celebrations.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR FONT CAREFULLY BEFORE HAVING YOUR SELECTED GIFT ENGRAVED.
There are a small selection of fonts which will contain different character designs, and you may not like or approve of some of them. For example, in one of the fonts - 'Victoria' - the letter 'V' looks similar to the letter 'D' because of the italic serif design. Once an item has been engraved we cannot refund or exchange it, because we will not be able to resell an engraved item.