Are you sure you want to remove this engraving option?
Taylor's Limited Edition Very Old Single Harvest 1961
Call 01509 266320 to reserve
Previously made 60 years ago, this is Taylor's limited edition 1961 single harvest port. Taylor's owns 3 amazing vineyards in the Douro, Quinta de Vargellas, Quinta de Terra Feita and Quinta do Junco. This 1961 single harvest port is presented inside a cork sealed bottle inside a decorative limited edition wooden box. Serve this 1961 port between 12ºC to 16ºC. This limited edition single harvest port can be enjoyed with a variety of desserts. Treat a loved one by having this bottle engraved.
- Winemaker: David Guimaraens.
- Style: Port.
- Blend of Grapes: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Francesa, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Barroca, Tinta Cão & Tinta Amarela.
- Country: Portugal.
- Closure: Cork.
- Volume: 75 cl.
- How to Serve: The wine benefits from being served slightly chilled, between 12ºC to 16ºC. The particular qualities of this wine allow it to be enjoyed over an extended period of time, once opened, without losing its freshness and vibrancy.
- Tasting Notes: Core of walnut brown surrounded by a broad rim of pale gold with olive highlights. Powerful nose of extraordinary complexity and opulence, revealing multiple nuances and dimensions of aroma. First to emerge is a mellow redolence of molasses, dried fig and sultana, mingling with nutty marzipan aromas. As the wine opens up, scents of cedarwood and dried tobacco leaf appear, together with subtle spicy notes of black pepper and cardamom and a fleeting fresh hint of citrus.
- Pairings: It combines well with flavours of figs, almonds and caramel. It is an excellent complement for a crème brûlée or a plate of wild strawberries. It may also be appreciated on its own, at the end of the meal, with walnuts or dried fruit.
- Storage: This wine is ready to drink and does not require decanting. The bottle should be kept upright, protected from direct sunlight and at a cool and constant temperature.
- Packaging: Decorative wooden box.
- Bottle engraving is available.
- Plaque engraving is available.
- Gift wrap & handwritten tag.
Licensing Act 2003; It is illegal to purchase or attempt to purchase alcoholic products if you're under the age of 18.
- Width: 11.5 cm
- Height: 34 cm
- Depth: 10.3 cm
- Product Types: Port
- Size: 75 cl
- All orders under £20 will carry a £2 delivery charge for UK addresses.
- Free UK delivery on orders above £20.
- Orders over £100 will be delivered free with next working day delivery to a UK address if placed before 3pm on a working day.
- Orders under £100 can be delivered next working day to a UK address with an additional cost of £6.
- Saturday delivery to a UK address costs £15 (£20 for champagne).
- Delivery to a country within the EU from £25 up to 2KG, extra charges maybe applicable.
- Delivery to the rest of the World from £40 up to 2KG, extra charges maybe applicable.
*Please note, around Black Friday and Christmas your delivery may be delayed due to the high volume of orders
Why not have this gift personalised and make your chosen gift unique and rememberable for someone special. All our engraving is done in-house so we can offer you a very fast turnaround of order. We will engrave your request within 24 hours of receiving your order (excluding weekends and bank holidays). If it is a very urgent engraving request then please email or phone and we will then try to turn your order around to meet your deadline. The personal touch can make all the difference with a small message which could say anything you like. Personalised engraving is especially presentable for occasions such as Birthdays, Christenings, Retirements, Corporate Gifts & Awards, and many more celebrations.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR FONT CAREFULLY BEFORE HAVING YOUR SELECTED GIFT ENGRAVED.
There is a small selection of fonts that will contain different character designs, and you may not like or approve of some of them. For example, in one of the fonts - 'Victoria' - the letter 'V' looks similar to the letter 'D' because of the italic serif design. Once an item has been engraved we cannot refund or exchange it, because we will not be able to resell an engraved item.