Are you sure you want to remove this engraving option?
Taylor's 2017 Late Bottled Vintage Port 37.5cl Half Bottle
This late-bottled vintage port is the ideal way to finish your meal. The ruby red port by Taylor's is fruity and refreshing. There is no need to decant this beautiful port and it can be poured straight from the bottle to your glass. Produced in a single year and although offering different degrees of complexity and sophistication, these wines share a deep red youthful colour and intense fruity flavours reminiscent of cherry, blackberry and black currant - bottled ready to drink.
- Winemaker: Taylor's Port.
- Style: Vintage.
- Country, Region: Portugal, Douro.
- Ageing: LBV is bottled after four to six years and is ready to drink when bottled.
- Closure: Cork.
- Alcohol: 20% ABV.
- Volume: 37.5 cl.
- How to Serve: The wine benefits from being served between 16ºC - 18ºC.
- Storage Advice: The bottle should be kept upright, protected from direct sun light and at a cool and constant temperature. Optimum drinking time after opening the bottle is two months.
- Tasting Notes: Dense ruby black centre with a narrow brick rim and cerise highlights on the edge. The essence of this superb LBV is the fine red berry and stone fruit character, wonderfully fresh and vibrant, which bursts immediately from the glass. Raspberry, cherry and red plum, subtly infused with richer notes of blackcurrant and liquorice, dominate the nose. Cedary, minty notes and a discreet redolence of violets give the wine a seductive scented dimension. The fine fruit character reappears on the palate which is dense and chewy, the firm slightly austere tannins giving the wine its typically Taylor combination of stamina and restraint. The finish is impressively long and vigorous, with rich dark chocolate flavours adding a touch of lusciousness and opulence to the intense berry fruit. This is an outstanding LBV, full of verve and confidence, displaying the fine fruit quality which is a keynote of the Taylor style.
- Pairings: Excellent with fully flavoured cheeses, especially blue cheeses such as Stilton or Roquefort. It is also delicious with desserts made with chocolate or berry fruits.
- Gift wrap & handwritten tag.
It is illegal to purchase alcoholic products for anyone under 18 years of age.
- Product Types: Port
- Size: 37.5 cl
- All orders under £20 will carry a £2 delivery charge for UK addresses.
- Free UK delivery on orders above £20.
- Orders over £100 will be delivered free with next working day delivery to a UK address if placed before 3pm on a working day.
- Orders under £100 can be delivered next working day to a UK address with an additional cost of £6.
- Saturday delivery to a UK address costs £15 (£20 for champagne).
- Delivery to a country within the EU from £25 up to 2KG, extra charges maybe applicable.
- Delivery to the rest of the World from £40 up to 2KG, extra charges maybe applicable.
*Please note, around Black Friday and Christmas your delivery may be delayed due to the high volume of orders
Why not have this gift personalised and make your chosen gift unique and rememberable for someone special. All our engraving is done in-house so we can offer you a very fast turnaround of order. We will engrave your request within 24 hours of receiving your order (excluding weekends and bank holidays). If it is a very urgent engraving request then please email or phone and we will then try to turn your order around to meet your deadline. The personal touch can make all the difference with a small message which could say anything you like. Personalised engraving is especially presentable for occasions such as Birthdays, Christenings, Retirements, Corporate Gifts & Awards, and many more celebrations.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR FONT CAREFULLY BEFORE HAVING YOUR SELECTED GIFT ENGRAVED.
There is a small selection of fonts that will contain different character designs, and you may not like or approve of some of them. For example, in one of the fonts - 'Victoria' - the letter 'V' looks similar to the letter 'D' because of the italic serif design. Once an item has been engraved we cannot refund or exchange it, because we will not be able to resell an engraved item.